Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Greatest Fans in Sports



It was horribly cold on Sunday. One of those days if you're walking, the wind blows straight through you and you're face is numb instantly. The kind of cold where you walk backwards to avoids the winter gust. My car was stuck in the ice and spent 45 minutes out there. I would like to thank the Saint that pulled over with a metal shovel to get mine out, and then sticking around to help the guy parked in back of me. Again, thank-you. When I got back inside, I could not move my fingers and I had that pins in my heart feeling. My hands, my skin are dry and raw a little earlier this year, as winter has truly come full force this season. Leaving the house sucks, whether if it's to go to work, shop, eat, etc.

That brings us to Monday. Monday Night Football. Green Bay at Chicago Bears.
I was actually fortunate enough to be up for the regulation comeback, and Robbie Gould field goal to seal victory in overtime.

Good for them. A win next week at Texas, coupled with a Vikings loss, will qualify the bears for the playoffs.

Too my point though. Football fans are hard core. I would never imagine going to a game in these conditions. I have never been to a football game, and never will. I hate the cold and refuse to subject myself to that. Take off my shirt and pour liquids over myself. Chicago, Green Bay, Ohio, Pitt, Philly, Buffalo and the like. The fans will show up no matter what, and for that they have to be the greatest fans in the world(all due respect to the crazy soccer fanatics, props to you too).

I couldn't find very good cold weather Bears footage, so i bring you......
FOREIGNER!!!!!!

No comments: